Dear Howell Township Public School Community:
Due to the forecasted excessive heat on Monday, September 13th through Wednesday, September 15th, the Howell Township Public Schools will be adjusting masking protocols to help maintain a safe and healthy environment for our students and staff. We are fortunate in Howell Township as all of our classrooms are climate controlled; however, we recognize that intense heat does impact the effectiveness of our systems. To that end, the following protocols will be in place for the above referenced dates.
- While strongly encouraged, face coverings will be optional on school buses.
- As determined by building leadership, in non air-conditioned environments (i.e. gymnasiums) and areas where air-conditioning is not effectively reducing the heat or humidity, students and staff may remove their face coverings when seated and when socially distanced to the greatest extent practicable.
- While students and staff are moving throughout the building face coverings are still required.
- In areas where air-conditioning is effectively working, face coverings remain required and we will continue to grant breaks upon request and as scheduled.
- Face coverings will continue to be optional while outside or when participating in physical activities.
- All individuals are encouraged to continue wearing face coverings and may still do so in all settings.
Thank you for your partnership as we all work to provide a safe and healthy environment for our students and staff.
Superintendent of Schools